Our management team is a diverse group of leaders with a passion for our people and the work that we produce/install. It takes the entire team to obtain the results our clients expect. The experience and dedication of this tight-knit group is second to none.
Beautiful design. Precision craftsmanship.
Design to Install
We specialize in the design, fabrication, and installation of custom woodworking for timeless estates in the US.
Our design/engineering team is a creative group who works closely with architects/designers and homeowners to understand and capture the vision of the project. This team embodies the solutionist mindset to bring solutions where challenges arise.
Our shop floor is staffed with incredible craftsmen and women. Several members of the shop personnel have been with Watson Mills for ten years or more and one from the very beginning – a true indication of the dedication and caliber of our workforce. This is where the real craftsmanship exists – where talents in veneering, machining, assembly and finishing are recognized daily.
Our installation team is comprised of some of the best installers in the country. This team is very well-versed in managing the expectations of the contractor/owner and the jobsite issues that invariably come up to provide exceptional results that every member of the project can be proud of.
Featured Work in the News
Often our work is featured along side of some of the greatest architecture of our time, documented and shared.
Watson Mills & Design is a full-service woodworking shop comprised of highly-skilled artisans capable of producing any type of woodwork you can dream up. We have become the go-to source for anything highly complicated for end-users with an exceedingly high level of expectation. Our work includes stairs, wall & ceiling paneling, ceiling trusses and beams, built-in cabinetry, closets, wine rooms, doors, mouldings, unique furniture pieces, exterior components, and the list goes on…
We find that a project installation has far fewer opportunities for error when we coordinate and procure third-party products associated with the wood components we are fabricating. This may include hardware, built-in appliances, glass, metalwork, leather, etc.
We offer the following project-related services:
- design solutions for woodwork items; including working directly with clients on programming needs
- up-front assistance with details, bidding, and value engineering
- computer-generated shop drawings for review and approval
- renderings and 3D modeling
- finish samples and full or partial-scale mockups
- project management
- project installation
Watson Mills & Design wouldn’t have an exceptional reputation without the skills, talent, and passion that exists among our shop team – this group is truly the best of the best in the woodworking business. We have paralleled this team with the most state-of-the-art equipment and machinery on the market in our 30,000 sf shop in order to facilitate project production. One of the things that sets us apart from other shops is that we have our own in-house veneer and finishing departments as well as our own installation crew which allows us to maintain tighter control over the entire process.
- The product that comes out of our shop is fabricated to the tightest tolerances and every detail is thoughtfully considered before execution. Our goal is to exceed every expectation in the product that we provide.
- We are located in Lafayette, Colorado – nicely situated between Denver and Boulder and convenient to the mountains. Our employees have the opportunity to live in completely varied environments ranging from rural living to downtown living and everything in between.